Подготовка к ЗНО. Английский язык.
Конспект 9. This fascinating world
Cool and Weird facts about our everyday lives that everyone should know. Check out this collection of 25 Cool and Weird Fun Facts. Do you have any other fun facts you would like to add?
1. You breathe on average about 5 million times a year.
2. The average lead pencil will write a line about 35 miles long or write approximately 50,000 English words.
3. The average person spends 2 weeks of his lifetime waiting for the light to change from red to green.
4. The largest recorded snowflake was 15 inches wide and 8 inches thick.
5. Coca-Cola would be green if the food colorant wasn't added.
6. "Almost" is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
7. If removed from the stress of the modern world, the average human would sleep about 10 hours a day.
8. To produce a single pound of honey, a single bee would have to visit 2 million flowers.
9. The average American spends about a year and a half of his or her life watching commercials on television. What are you doing?! Get out and spend that year and a half doing something productive!
10. Ancient Greeks practiced a form (ineffective) of birth control that consisted of having a woman hold her breath, making her squat, and sneezing.
11. There are no naturally occurring blue foods, even blueberries are purple!
12. In October 1999 an Iceberg the size of London broke free from the Antarctic ice shelf.
13. DNA was first discovered in 1869 by Swiss Friedrich Mieschler.
14. The thermometer was invented in 1607 by Galileo.
15. The wingspan of a Boeing 747 is longer than the Wright brother’s first flight.
16. An electric eel can produce a shock of up to 650 volts.
17. The earliest wine makers lived in Egypt around 2300 BC.
18. An individual blood cell takes about 60 seconds to make a complete circuit of the body.
19. The longest glacier in Antarctica, the Almbert glacier, is 250 miles long and 40 miles wide.
20. The grey whale migrates 12,500 miles from the Arctic to Mexico and back every year.
21. Koalas sleep an average of 22 hours a day, two hours more than the sloth.
22. The deepest part of any ocean in the world is the Mariana trench in the Pacific with a depth of 35,797 feet.
23. The largest meteorite craters in the world are in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada and in Vredefort, South Africa.
24. To escape the Earth’s gravity a rocket needs to travel at 7 miles a second.
25. If every star in the Milky Way was a grain of salt they would fill an Olympic sized swimming pool.
Online-тест подготовки к ЗНО по английскому языку №8 "Этот прекрасный мир"